Ph.D. researcher (f/m) in Political Science
PHD researcher (M/F) – Democratic Innovation and Democratic Legitimacy
The Center for Political Science Research at the University of Leuven is pleased to announce a vacancy for one Ph.D. researcher (f/m) in Political Science. The Centre for Political Science Research is an ambitious, vibrant and research-intensive centre with an extensive international network. The center is at the forefront of fundamental and applied scientific research and is conveniently located just outside Brussels. The centre has extensive expertise in studies on the relationships between citizens and their political system i.e. political engagement, political attitudes, and socialization.
The research project the vacancy is linked to starts off from the observation that Western democracies are going through a crisis of democratic legitimacy, and studies how democratic innovations could possibly restore the trust of citizens in politics (e.g. through more extensive participation in political decision-making processes).
The successful candidate will be offered a fully funded position and the opportunity to pursue innovative doctoral research with outstanding supervision in one of Belgium’s leading research centres of political science. The vacancy is tenable for up to four years from October 2017 onwards (flexible start date). We offer a stimulating working environment in a dynamic, internationally oriented interdisciplinary research team. We strongly invest in research training for PhD students, including summer schools, international conferences and research stays abroad.
- You will be working on a research project on democratic innovation
- You will be offered the opportunity to complete a PhD dissertation on democratic innovation
- You actively take part in the monthly team meeting where we discuss research ideas, projects and plans
- Examination surveillance and attendance at study fairs for the Faculty of Social Sciences belong to the task.
- You hold a master’s degree in social sciences (political sciences, communication sciences, sociology,or other relevant disciplines) and you excelled during your studies.
- You are fascinated by the project’s subject matter and by politics in general.
- You have an interest in qualitative research and/or quantitative methods and you are willing to develop these skills further.
- You have good writing skills, and you are fluent in English.
- You are a team player and communicate well.
- An employment for one year, renewable to maximally four years upon positive evaluations.
- The opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in an interdisciplinary team
- A stimulating working environment in a dynamic young ambitious research team that excels in teamwork and coaching in specific research projects but also personal and career development more generally.
- The possibility of extensive training and international mobility.
- You will work in Leuven, a historic, dynamic and lively city located in the heart of Belgium, within 20 minutes from Brussels, the capital of the European Union, and less than two hours from Paris, London and Amsterdam.
- More information onsalary and benefits for KU Leuven PhD students can be found at: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/en/phd-info
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Sofie Marien, tel.: +32 16 32 32 47, mail: email@example.com.
Candidacies (motivational letter, curriculum vitae, an official transcript of the grades during your studies as well as your diploma, 1page summary of master thesis) should be submitted via the kuleuven online application system) no later than August 13, 2017.
You can apply for this job no later than August 13, 2017 via the online application tool
Te puede interesar
Programa de la 6a Semana Nacional de las Ciencias SocialesRoberto Holguín Carrillo - Sep 27, 2023
La 6a Semana Nacional de las Ciencias Sociales se realizará del 9 al 13 de octubre de 2023 en gran parte…
Talleres en la 6a Semana Nacional de Ciencias SocialesRoberto Holguín Carrillo - Sep 27, 2023
Los siguientes talleres serán impartidos bajo modalidad virtual en el marco de la 6a Semana Nacional de las Ciencias Sociales…
La cultura emocional del capitalismoLaura Gutiérrez - Sep 29, 2023
Centro de Investigaciones Interdisciplinarias en Ciencias y Humanidades Conferencias en el marco del Seminario Permanente Interinstitucional en Emociones, Activismo y…
Xóchitl Gálvez y Claudia SheinbaumRoberto Holguín Carrillo - Sep 28, 2023
Hilo de análisis publicado por: [caption id="" align="alignleft" width="128"] Julián Atilano Morales[/caption] Julián Atilano Morales @Julianatilano @PUEDJSUNAM - - -…
Congreso: El futuro es hoy. Información, tecnología, conocimientoRoberto Holguín Carrillo - Sep 28, 2023
El futuro es hoy tiene como objetivo reunir a personas líderes en la academia, las políticas públicas y la industria…