Associate Director of Student Affairs and Extension
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF STUDENT AFFAIRS AND EXTENSION
La Casa de la Universidad de California en Mexico, A.C., in partnership with Alianza UCMX, is excited to announce the recruitment for an Associate Director of Student Affairs and Extension.
If interested in the Associate Director of Student Affairs & Extension position, please forward a letter of interest and your resume to Verónica Barroso firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of California (UC) has a long history of strong partnerships and innovative, collaborative efforts with Mexico. The creation of Alianza UCMX in 2019 was achieved by integrating three preexisting UC system-wide programs: the UC Institute for Mexico and the United States (UC MEXUS), the UC-Mexico Initiative, and La Casa de la Universidad de California en México, A.C. (Casa de California). UC Riverside (UCR) serves as the host campus for Alianza UCMX. Alianza UCMX collaborates from Casa de California, located in Chimalistac, Mexico City.
Alianza UCMX is uniquely positioned to foster collaborations between the UC and its Mexican partners to solve problems and seize opportunities in the California-Mexico agenda. Alianza does so by supporting a bilateral approach to basic and applied research as well as two-way mobility of students and professors between California and Mexico. Alianza engages with its academic partners, the private and public sectors, to support the development of a bilateral workforce that serves both Mexico and California and responds to emerging industries’ demands in a knowledge-based economy.
Reporting to the Director of Alianza UCMX, as an employee of La Casa de la Universidad de California en México, A.C., the Associate Director of Student Affairs and Extension helps the Alianza UCMX Director engage with higher education, government, and non-profit and private sector organizations from both California and Mexico interested in promoting educational exchanges. The Associate Director of Student Affairs and Extension is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing assessment of programs, courses, events, and other academic activities according to the priorities outlined by the Director of Alianza UCMX. The incumbent is expected to oversee all educational services, support Casa staff, follow campus policies, and comply with financial regulations. The Associate Director of Student Affairs and Extension advises the Director of Alianza UCMX of the staffing needs, programmatic, and operational aspects of the Student Affairs and Extension activities within the Alianza UCMX’s Mexico Office at Casa de California. This position is full-time and is located at Casa de California.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Strategic Planning
The Associate Director of Student Affairs and Extension will lead the following activities:
- Student Management: recruitment, through admission, to graduation, adhere to accreditation requirements of the Campuses, program policies, and the standards of the University of California
- Regulatory issues: provide support and understand admissions procedures, credit determination for binational efforts, exceptions, and maintain relationships including but not limited to Mexican federal and diverse state Ministries of Education, various Mexican and American educational institutions, and the US Embassy in Mexico.
- Marketing: research on current market prices, in-demand topics, target audience, advertising platforms, preferred teaching methods or modalities.
- Program Design: create the routine contact procedures necessary to inform promotion and enrollment strategies for students while ensuring adequate compliance with admissions standards. This would provide students’ academic status in the programs, executing decisions on regular registration, exceptions, and general compliance with university policy.
- Management of material resources: responsible for managing material resources and the procurement of necessary promotional material (e.g., brochures, Viewbooks, pens, books, etc.).
In consultation with the Director of Alianza UCMX, the Associate Director:
- maintains professional relationships with authorities, agencies, accreditation, and university regulation offices related to student affairs and extension/executive education programs
- promotes and supports academic cooperation agreements and exchanges among higher education institutions in Mexico and the UC that facilitate the exchange of students and/or extension and executive education programs
- develops a 5-year plan designed to increase Casa de California’s revenue generation through educational opportunities
- supervises staff, student employees, and peer mentors
- evaluates and assesses program effectiveness for continuous improvement
Partnership and Program Development
- Supports the Director of Alianza UCMX in building relationships with UC faculty, administrators, alumni, and/or students and with Mexican partners from academia, government, and non-profit and private sectors; as needed to promote student exchanges, collaborations, and partnership agreements
- Leads in engaging with representatives from higher education, government, and non-profit and private sector organizations from both California and Mexico interested in promoting student exchanges and other educational activities
- Works collaboratively with Alianza UCMX’s programs and its stakeholders to support the advancement of Alianza UCMX’s student mobility agenda and goals
- Works with the UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) to ensure that UCEAP programming in Mexico City makes full use of Casa facilities
- Oversees dissemination of information and opportunities with regard to “Studying at the UC,” using a wide variety of venues, including social media, websites, and workshops
- Reports regularly to the Director of Alianza UCMX on the status of planning and programmatic student affairs activities at the facility
- In consultation with the Director of Alianza UCMX, develops, implements, and maintains a long- term strategy of all student-related activities, academic and otherwise, at the facility, to include student management, regulatory issues, marketing, project design, and management of material resources.
- develops and manages program budgets in consultation with Chief Operating Officer and Casa Staff
- Other duties and activities as assigned relevant to the functions of the position
- Master’s Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrate oral and written fluency in both English and Spanish
- Substantial experience working in the administration of academic and professional programs, particularly student engagement activities and extension and executive education programs
- In-depth knowledge of the Mexican higher system of education and demonstrated experience developing teaching, service, and/or cultural engagement activities; through meaningful partnerships with faculty and academic constituencies
- Demonstrate ability to identify problems and craft solutions within outlined policies and procedures
- Effective communication skills in written, oral, and electronic modes, including strong presentation skills
- Extensive program and/or project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supervising staff
- Demonstrate skills in budget development, management, and reporting
- Marketing experience, particularly for extension or executive education
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Ability to work evenings and weekend
ABOUT CASA de la UNIVERSIDAD de CALIFORNIA en Mexico
Owned by the University of California (UC), and managed by La Casa de la Universidad de California en Mexico, A.C. (Civil Association), and serves as the host of Alianza UCMX’s Mexico City Office. Casa de
California will be the work location for the Associate Director of Student Affairs and Extension. The Casa de la Universidad de California en Mexico (Casa de California) is a 1.28 acre estate located in the Chimalistac area, a historic neighborhood of southern Mexico City. The beautifully landscaped facility is composed of the elegant late nineteenth- century Casona, formerly owned by publisher Ignacio Cumplido, two twentieth- century modernist buildings which served as residence for prominent Mexican architect Francisco Artigas, and a multi- story office building constructed by the Banco Nacional de Mexico (BANAMEX). The University of California has owned the property since 2003 and views the property as a valuable foundation of its many connections to its Mexican partners.
Te puede interesar
Convocatoria 4a Semana Nacional de las Ciencias Socialescomecso - May 26, 2021
El Consejo Mexicano de Ciencias Sociales Convoca a inscribir actividades en el marco de la 4a Semana Nacional de las…
Diplomado El malestar con la democracia mexicanaLaura Gutiérrez - Abr 14, 2021
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Instituto de Investigaciones Sociales Diplomado Política y Sociedad El malestar con la democracia mexicana: a…
Anti-racist Movements in TransformationLaura Gutiérrez - Jun 15, 2021
Anti-racist Movements in Transformation: Collaboration, Contention and Confrontation in Contemporary Europe Workshop 18–19 November 2021 Södertörn University, Stockholm, Sweden The aim…
Social Movements and Trade UnionismLaura Gutiérrez - Jun 15, 2021
Social Movements and Trade Unionism: Changing boundaries, new forms of interaction, and transformational identities across work and society Call for…
Jóvenes universitarios y valores culturales emergentesLaura Gutiérrez - Jun 15, 2021
Centro Penínsular de Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales Seminario Permanente Violencia Social y Derechos Humanos Conferencia: “Jóvenes universitarios y valores culturales…