Vacancies for 6 Post-doctoral Research Fellows
We are currently recruiting 6 Post-doctoral Research Fellows with expertise in social research methods to work within the Trento Center for Social Research Methods (Department of Sociology and Social Research, University of Trento).
- To offer 6 bright, promising early career researchers the possibility to further develop their innovative and technical skills, to further build their own research networks, and to gain research autonomy.
- To strengthen the diversity of research methods and techniques in the department.
- To enrich the methodological and technical skills available in the department.
- To develop the scientific collaboration between the post-doctoral fellows and the existing research in the department.
The application deadline is: 19/02/2020, 12:00 (noon), CET.
Below you can find the core topics for each of the three calls:
- quantitative research of survey data, administrative data, or quasi-experiments,
- qualitative research techniques, and/or techniques for textual, narrative, data,
- computational/digital sociology and social network analysis.
Quantitative research of survey data, administrative data, and/or quasi-experiments
The Trento Center for Social Research Methods is seeking to appoint two post-doctoral research fellows with experience in quantitative research of survey data, administrative data, or quasi-experiments. This includes, among others:
- advanced analysis for longitudinal data (such as panel data, pseudo panel, time series cross-sectional data, sequence analysis, and event history),
- multilevel data analysis,
- SEM models,
- counterfactual analysis,
- spatial statistics techniques and quasi-experimental research.
For example, candidates might bring – theoretically guided – empirical research with emphasis on cross-contexts and cross-social groups comparisons, and/or their research will advance the study of consequences and mechanisms of relevant social and economic phenomena (for example, dynamics of differentiation, risk or stratification).
For more details, please see: https://www.unitn.it/ateneo/bando/61304/dipartimento-di-sociologia-e-ricerca-sociale-avviso-di-selezione-per-il-conferimento-di-n-2-assegni (a pdf with further information can be found at the bottom of that page, called “Avviso di Selezione”)
Qualitative research techniques, and/or techniques for textual, narrative, data
The Trento Center for Social Research Methods is seeking to appoint two post-doctoral research fellows with experience in qualitative research techniques, and/or in techniques for the analysis of textual, narrative, data (including video and audio). These include, among others:
- direct observation (participant observation, shadowing, digital ethnography, non-intrusive observations),
- collection of in-depth accounts (in-depth interviews, biographical interviews, collection of non-directive reports),
- focus groups,
- conversation analysis (CA),
- critical discourse analysis,
- event structure analysis (ESA), structural topic modelling and analysis of narrative networks,
- socio-semiotics, narratology, and sociological applications of formal or interpretative analysis of texts.
For more details, please see: https://www.unitn.it/ateneo/bando/61296/dipartimento-di-sociologia-e-ricerca-sociale-avviso-di-selezione-per-il-conferimento-di-n-2-assegni (a pdf with further information can be found at the bottom of that page, called “Avviso di Selezione”)
Computational/digital sociology and social network analysis
The Trento Center for Social Research Methods is seeking to appoint two post-doctoral research fellows with experience in computational/digital sociology and social network analysis. This includes, among others:
- computational methods for “statistical learning” using R or Python,
- design and analysis of experiments, including field and online experiments and use of digital devices (e.g. smartphones, wearables),
- advanced social network analysis and recent developments in ERGM, SAOM/SIENA, multilevel and multimodal networks, large-scale networks,
- the quantitative analysis of texts through text mining and the use of techniques such as LDA (Latent Dirichlet Allocation), CTM (correlated topic model) and LSA (latent semantic analysis)
- the simulation of social phenomena with agent-based modelling (ABM).
For more details, please see: https://www.unitn.it/ateneo/bando/61292/dipartimento-di-sociologia-e-ricerca-sociale-avviso-di-selezione-per-il-conferimento-di-n-2-assegni (a pdf with further information can be found at the bottom of that page, called “Avviso di Selezione”)
Te puede interesar
Precariedad, informalidad y contracción del mercado de trabajo en Méxicocomecso - Jul 01, 2020
Los pronósticos acerca del mercado de trabajo en México apuntan a un crecimiento inédito del desempleo y una profundización de…
Revista Deliberativa, número especial COVID-19Laura Gutiérrez - Jul 01, 2020
COVID-19: RESPUESTAS EN MUNICIPIOS, REGIONES Y ÁREAS METROPOLITANAS Número Especial Deliberativa Revista de Estudios Metropolitanos en Gobernanza La Red Temática…
Doctorado en Sustentabilidad para el DesarrolloLaura Gutiérrez - Jul 01, 2020
Centro Universitario UAEM Amecameca, Centro de Estudios e Investigación en Desarrollo Sustentable Convocatoria 2021A Objetivo general Formar investigadores críticos de…