Vacancies for 6 Post-doctoral Research Fellows
We are currently recruiting 6 Post-doctoral Research Fellows with expertise in social research methods to work within the Trento Center for Social Research Methods (Department of Sociology and Social Research, University of Trento).
- To offer 6 bright, promising early career researchers the possibility to further develop their innovative and technical skills, to further build their own research networks, and to gain research autonomy.
- To strengthen the diversity of research methods and techniques in the department.
- To enrich the methodological and technical skills available in the department.
- To develop the scientific collaboration between the post-doctoral fellows and the existing research in the department.
The application deadline is: 19/02/2020, 12:00 (noon), CET.
Below you can find the core topics for each of the three calls:
- quantitative research of survey data, administrative data, or quasi-experiments,
- qualitative research techniques, and/or techniques for textual, narrative, data,
- computational/digital sociology and social network analysis.
Quantitative research of survey data, administrative data, and/or quasi-experiments
The Trento Center for Social Research Methods is seeking to appoint two post-doctoral research fellows with experience in quantitative research of survey data, administrative data, or quasi-experiments. This includes, among others:
- advanced analysis for longitudinal data (such as panel data, pseudo panel, time series cross-sectional data, sequence analysis, and event history),
- multilevel data analysis,
- SEM models,
- counterfactual analysis,
- spatial statistics techniques and quasi-experimental research.
For example, candidates might bring – theoretically guided – empirical research with emphasis on cross-contexts and cross-social groups comparisons, and/or their research will advance the study of consequences and mechanisms of relevant social and economic phenomena (for example, dynamics of differentiation, risk or stratification).
For more details, please see: https://www.unitn.it/ateneo/bando/61304/dipartimento-di-sociologia-e-ricerca-sociale-avviso-di-selezione-per-il-conferimento-di-n-2-assegni (a pdf with further information can be found at the bottom of that page, called “Avviso di Selezione”)
Qualitative research techniques, and/or techniques for textual, narrative, data
The Trento Center for Social Research Methods is seeking to appoint two post-doctoral research fellows with experience in qualitative research techniques, and/or in techniques for the analysis of textual, narrative, data (including video and audio). These include, among others:
- direct observation (participant observation, shadowing, digital ethnography, non-intrusive observations),
- collection of in-depth accounts (in-depth interviews, biographical interviews, collection of non-directive reports),
- focus groups,
- conversation analysis (CA),
- critical discourse analysis,
- event structure analysis (ESA), structural topic modelling and analysis of narrative networks,
- socio-semiotics, narratology, and sociological applications of formal or interpretative analysis of texts.
For more details, please see: https://www.unitn.it/ateneo/bando/61296/dipartimento-di-sociologia-e-ricerca-sociale-avviso-di-selezione-per-il-conferimento-di-n-2-assegni (a pdf with further information can be found at the bottom of that page, called “Avviso di Selezione”)
Computational/digital sociology and social network analysis
The Trento Center for Social Research Methods is seeking to appoint two post-doctoral research fellows with experience in computational/digital sociology and social network analysis. This includes, among others:
- computational methods for “statistical learning” using R or Python,
- design and analysis of experiments, including field and online experiments and use of digital devices (e.g. smartphones, wearables),
- advanced social network analysis and recent developments in ERGM, SAOM/SIENA, multilevel and multimodal networks, large-scale networks,
- the quantitative analysis of texts through text mining and the use of techniques such as LDA (Latent Dirichlet Allocation), CTM (correlated topic model) and LSA (latent semantic analysis)
- the simulation of social phenomena with agent-based modelling (ABM).
For more details, please see: https://www.unitn.it/ateneo/bando/61292/dipartimento-di-sociologia-e-ricerca-sociale-avviso-di-selezione-per-il-conferimento-di-n-2-assegni (a pdf with further information can be found at the bottom of that page, called “Avviso di Selezione”)
Te puede interesar
Programa de la 3a Semana Nacional de las Ciencias Socialescomecso - Sep 25, 2020
En la 3a Semana Nacional de las Ciencias Sociales (3SNCS), del 5 al 9 de octubre de 2020, se realizarán…
Latin American Research Review, vol. 55, num. 3Laura Gutiérrez - Sep 25, 2020
Latin American Research Review (LARR) publica investigación original y reseñas en las áreas de Estudios Latinoamericanos, del Caribe y Latinos/Latinas en los…
Geografía y paisajeLaura Gutiérrez - Sep 25, 2020
El Instituto de Investigaciones Dr. José María Luis Mora, el Centro de Investigaciones y Estudios Superiores en Antropología Social (CIESAS),…