Senior Researcher/ Post Doc /Universität Bonn
Senior Researcher/ Post Doc
“Mobility, migration and urbanization“, “Governance, conflicts and natural resources“ in a transregional perspective
The Center for Development Research (ZEF) is an interdisciplinary, international, English-speaking research and education institute of the University of Bonn. The position is located at the ZEF Department “Political and Cultural Change” (ZEFa) and will support the research team working on mobility, migration and urbanization, environmental conflicts and development in a transregional perspective. For more information, please see www.zef.de.
The research team is composed of different scientific fields, project initiatives and graduate schools in Latin America and West Africa working in the field of inter- and transdisciplinary development studies in the Global South such as the Doctoral Studies Support Program on environmental peace-building and development in Colombia (DSSP), the Ghanaian-German Center for Development Studies (GGCDS), and the Coordination of the Right Livelihood Colleges (RLC) among others. The main objective is to develop proposals in the two research areas of ZEF, namely “Mobility, migration and urbanization“ and “Governance, conflicts and natural resources“.
- Contributing expertise and research to the mentioned research areas of ZEF department “Political and Cultural Change”
- Conduct and / or support empirical field research mainly in Latin America
- Organization of international conferences and networking with international partners
- Writing and publication of ZEF Working Papers, peer-reviewed journal articles, and consultancy texts
- Supporting the coordination team of the Doctoral Studies Support Program on environmental peace-building and development in Colombia (DSSP)
- Active participation in activities of the ZEF department “Political and Cultural Change”
- Active participation in ZEF thematic group “Mobility, migration and urbanization” and “Governance, conflict and natural resources“
The appointment will start as soon as possible and lasts 36 months. The university offers a remuneration package that follows the tariff system for public employees (TVL-West) and foresees an annual pre-tax income ranging from 44,850 to 64,720 Euros depending on individual work experience. The duty station is Bonn where full time presence is required.
- Doctoral degree/ submitted doctoral thesis
- Expertise in social development studies with a focus on mobility, migration and urbanization and / or environmental conflicts and development
- Expertise and work experience in empirical qualitative research
- First hand work experience with QDA-Software and statistical software
- Research experience in Latin America
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Ability and willingness to work in an interdisciplinary, international and intercultural environment
- Ability and willingness to teach and advise doctoral students
- High degree of initiative and self‐motivation
Additional selection criteria
- Proven leadership of research teams
- Interdisciplinary work experience
- Very good administrative skills
- Knowledge of German is of advantage
Eligible candidates are invited to send their e-mail application including
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications
- A proposal of concepts and methods for approaching the mentioned research areas (max 1.5 pages)
Please send your application (one pdf document) to Dr. Eva Youkhana (email@example.com). Closing date is September 23, 2018. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The University of Bonn is an equal opportunity employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for female scientists and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Women and disabled persons with equivalent aptitude for the position will be favored.
Te puede interesar
Convocatoria Sede del VII Congreso Nacional de Ciencias Socialescomecso - Sep 18, 2018
Con objeto de presentar a la comunidad académica los resultados de las investigaciones en Ciencias Sociales y contribuir a la…
Conmemoración 50 años de Radio EducaciónLaura Gutiérrez - Sep 20, 2018
Comunicado No. 18 Ciudad de México, a 7 de septiembre de 2018 Anuncia Radio Educación conmemoración de los 50 años…
Jornadas de Sociología 2018 | UAM-ILaura Gutiérrez - Sep 20, 2018
Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana- Unidad Iztapalapa Jornadas de Sociología 2018 El 68 y su herencia en los movimientos estudiantiles Octubre 10,…