Communications Assistant – Panama
Applications should be submitted online no later than 23:59 (CET) 26 February 2023.
On June 13, 2018, Panama became the thirty-first member country of the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) and the ninth member state from Latin America and the Caribbean. For several years, Latin America and the Caribbean Programme collaborated with Panama, so its integration into the Council of Member States of International IDEA represents a strengthening of joint work.
With a view to materialize the areas of cooperation, the Electoral Tribunal and International IDEA signed a cooperation agreement in December 2018 with the aim of contributing to the transparency and legitimacy of the electoral process to be held in 2019, through the exchange of comparative knowledge, regional and international experiences, training and technical assistance. On February 1, 2021 the Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean was established also in Panamá. From there we work with democratic institutions throughout Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) region and Panama to increase the effectiveness and legitimacy of democracy, its institutions and to support gender equality in politics. Based on a geographic approach, our LAC programme responds to requests of regional, sub-regional and national actors, builds capacity through technical assistance, comparative applied knowledge resources and provides spaces for dialogue. The LAC programme is a significant partner and an agenda setter in many countries where it provides expert technical assistance.
Given the consolidation and expansion of activities and the extension of the agreement for 2023 and 2024 with the Electoral Tribunal of Panama, there is an increased need to add a Communications Assistant to the team to ensure optimal implementation of the project.
The Communications Assistant supports the production of content in Spanish and English for the Panama Project. These tasks require interfacing with teams based in Panamá, including the Regional Office and International IDEA Headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, to gather information, prioritize content, and stay ahead of news and events. The Communications Assistant provides assistance in writing, editing and targeting dissemination for the promotion of the organization’s key issues, events and resources on our own social media, electronic and digital platforms, whatever their format. Primary areas of focus are media, outreach, website and social media, as identified in International IDEA’s communications strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides communications and media support to the projects’s events.
- In coordination with the Project Assistant, assists in the preparation and editing of web articles, social media posts, press releases, newspaper stories, online and other outreach content in Spanish and English, as required;
- Assists the Project Manager in responding to media/press inquiries and pitching of Op-Eds and stories for media placement as required;
- Supports the regular update of the project’s press lists;
- Regularly attends programme team meetings to stay well-informed about planned activities, upcoming events and campaigns.
- Assists with the identification of key counterparts across programme teams to facilitate information sharing;
- Assists with the coordination of the timely content development of periodical newsletters and other products with project colleagues and manages an editorial calendar for the proposed content and themes.
- Supports the monitoring and reporting on impact and analytics. Assists in drafting monthly and quarterly analytics reports for all social media platforms and for the newsletters.
- Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or work experience;
- To express institutional messages with creativity and technical capacity, with efficient use of design tools and methodologies of assertive communication.
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Acts in accordance with International IDEA’s Core Values: Respect, Integrity and Professionalism;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
Project Manager, Panama
Education and Experience
- High school diploma; University background in Communications is considered an asset;
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience working in a similar role, which may include internships, with a focus on supporting the production of communications and online content;
- Graphic design skills considered an advantage.
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Spanish is required.
Terms of Contract:
- Local Post.
- Fixed term appointment until 31 December 2024.
- Remuneration – USD 2 707 Gross per month
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Panama for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
Applying for this position:
- Applications should be submitted online no later than 23:59 (CET) 26 February 2023.
- Please note that all applications must be made in English.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a written test assessment and up to two (2) interviews.
- Candidates selected to proceed to the next stage of the process will be contacted once all applications have been carefully reviewed.
- All candidates will be notified on the status of their application via email once the process has been finalized.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Te puede interesar
Grupo de Trabajo sobre Desastrescomecso - Mar 29, 2023
El Consejo Mexicano de Ciencias Sociales, A.C. Convoca a las personas que deseen participar en el Grupo de Trabajo sobre…
Eventos especiales del VIII Congreso Nacional de Ciencias Socialescomecso - Dic 07, 2022
(Co)construyendo una agenda estratégica para las AméricasLaura Gutiérrez - Mar 31, 2023
El Colegio de México, la Universidad Torcuato di Tella y la Universidad de los Andes, invitan al lanzamiento del informe:…
Doctorado en Gestión de la Educación SuperiorLaura Gutiérrez - Mar 30, 2023
Universidad de Guadalajara, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Económico Administrativas Doctorado en Gestión de la Educación Superior Convocatoria 23-B Inicio de…
Maestría en Ciencias PolíticasLaura Gutiérrez - Mar 30, 2023
La Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla a través de la Facultad de Ciencias Políticas y Sociales C O N V…
Deja un comentario