Finance and Administrative Officer – Panama
Applications should be submitted online no later than 23:59 CET 6 March 2023.
On June 13, 2018, Panama became the thirty-first member country of the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) and the ninth member state from Latin America and the Caribbean. For several years, Latin America and the Caribbean Programme collaborated with Panama, so its integration into the Council of Member States of International IDEA represents a strengthening of joint work.
With a view to materialize the areas of cooperation, the Electoral Tribunal and International IDEA signed a cooperation agreement in December 2018 with the aim of contributing to the transparency and legitimacy of the electoral process to be held in 2019, through the exchange of comparative knowledge, regional and international experiences, training and technical assistance. On February 1, 2021 the Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean was established also in Panamá. From there we work with democratic institutions throughout Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) region and Panama to increase the effectiveness and legitimacy of democracy, its institutions and to support gender equality in politics. Based on a geographic approach, our LAC programme responds to requests of regional, sub-regional and national actors, builds capacity through technical assistance, comparativeapplied knowledge resources and provides spaces for dialogue. The LAC programme is a significant partner and an agenda setter in many countries where it provides expert technical assistance.
Given the consolidation and expansion of activities and the extension of the agreement for 2023 and 2024 with the Electoral Tribunal of Panama, there is an increased need to add a Finance and Administrative Officer to the team to ensure optimal implementation of the project.
The Finance and Administrative Officer will provide financial and administrative support in accordance with project needs and requirements for the Panamá Office, and will be responsible for accounting, payments, bank account management and providing support to the office on financial and procurement aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes invoices, advance requests, project expenditure reports, prepares and process payment requests accordingly.
- Performs bank reconciliations and handles the petty cash fund, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and facilitates monthly financial closures in accordance with office and institutional requirements
- Assists with expenditure control, advising team members on possible cost-saving measures.
- Coordinates and monitors the usage and maintenance of project equipment and vehicles
- Monitors cash flows and ensures adequate cash levels are maintained every month for the project.
- Contributes to the preparation of and response to the office and project audits.
- Operates and maintains use of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheets to assist day-to-day accounting procedures and with reporting requirements.
- Ensures compliance with donor financial and procurement policies including financial accounting obligations where applicable.
- Ensures that International IDEA complies with relevant national laws and procedures pertaining to project finance and administration.
- Maintains records of fixed assets and updates them on a quarterly basis.
- Clarifies financial information with diplomacy and clarity to other team members and partners.
- Requires good knowledge, excellent skills and initial experience in their field.
- Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or work experience.
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required.
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines.
- Acts in accordance with International IDEA’s Core Values: Respect, Integrity, and Professionalism.
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Project Manager – Panamá
Education and Experience
- University degree in business, financial management or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive responsibility in supporting Accounting, Finance, Administration and Grant Management functions.
- Full or part professional qualifications in finance and accounting are considered advantageous.
- Experience in working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package (including MS Work, Excel, Project and PowerPoint) and Internet is required; Knowledge of ERP systems (particularly Unit4) is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Spanish is required.
Terms of Contract:
- Local Post.
- Fixed term appointment until 31 December 2024
- Remuneration – USD 3350 gross per month.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Panama for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
Applying for this position:
- Applications should be submitted online no later than 23:59 CET 6 March 2023.
- Please note that all applications must be made in English.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a written test assessment and up to two (2) interviews.
- Candidates selected to proceed to the next stage of the process will be contacted once all applications have been carefully reviewed.
- All candidates will be notified on the status of their application via email once the process has been finalized.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Te puede interesar
Grupo de Trabajo sobre Desastrescomecso - Mar 29, 2023
El Consejo Mexicano de Ciencias Sociales, A.C. Convoca a las personas que deseen participar en el Grupo de Trabajo sobre…
Eventos especiales del VIII Congreso Nacional de Ciencias Socialescomecso - Dic 07, 2022
(Co)construyendo una agenda estratégica para las AméricasLaura Gutiérrez - Mar 31, 2023
El Colegio de México, la Universidad Torcuato di Tella y la Universidad de los Andes, invitan al lanzamiento del informe:…
Doctorado en Gestión de la Educación SuperiorLaura Gutiérrez - Mar 30, 2023
Universidad de Guadalajara, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Económico Administrativas Doctorado en Gestión de la Educación Superior Convocatoria 23-B Inicio de…
Maestría en Ciencias PolíticasLaura Gutiérrez - Mar 30, 2023
La Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla a través de la Facultad de Ciencias Políticas y Sociales C O N V…
Deja un comentario