Access to Justice – Researcher, Consultant position
The World Justice Project’s (WJP) global research team is seeking a Researcher Consultant to support its research on civil justice issues, with a focus on technology-based justice services. The Researcher Consultant will report directly to the Director for Access to Justice Research and support the Senior Researcher. The position is based in the WJP’s Mexico City office.
Essential duties and responsibilities: The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support research and analysis activities in support of the team’s portfolio focused on access to justice and technology, including coordinating literature reviews, consultations, and peer review processes.
- Assist with research and proposal writing required to develop new lines of global research on access to justice and other relevant themes such as technology, environment, migration, and poverty.
- Provide research, writing, and logistical support for the WJP’s participation in inter-organizational research initiatives pertaining to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), access to justice, and environmental governance.
- Support the data analysis, writing, design, and production of other WJP research products as needed.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience researching topics of governance, civil justice, and the rule of law.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, particularly survey-based research.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, International Development, Economics, Public Policy, Political Science, or other relevant field, with preference for applicants with graduate education,
- Fluency in Spanish and English required; the majority of the work will be done in English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Superior research skills, sound analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Stata are preferred; skills in NVivo, R, other statistical software, and survey software platforms are a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and interact with staff at all levels.
- Ability to be flexible, work independently, and collaborate with team members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and strong decision-making ability.
- Commitment to the WJP’s mission and principles (www.worldjusticeproject.org).
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Mexico.
How to Apply: The World Justice Project is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. To apply, please go to https://worldjusticeproject.isolvedhire.com/jobs/. Please include the following documents (in one PDF file) along with your application:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (5 pages max)
- Contact information for 3 professional references
All applicant materials should be submitted in English. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up directly with candidates selected for interviews. No phone calls please.
La fecha límite para enviar solicitudes es 15 de diciembre de 2021. La descripción completa y el «statement of work», junto con la interfase para solicitar esta posición en línea se encuentran en: https://worldjusticeproject.isolvedhire.com/jobs/342220.html
Te puede interesar
Convocatoria a la 5a Semana Nacional de las Ciencias Socialescomecso - May 11, 2022
El Consejo Mexicano de Ciencias Sociales Convoca a participar en la 5a Semana Nacional de las Ciencias Sociales Se convoca…
27th World Congress of Political ScienceLaura Gutiérrez - May 20, 2022
Congress Theme Politics in the Age of Transboundary Crises: Vulnerability and Resilience Domestic and international politics are notably challenged by complex…
Voluntas, Volume 33, issue 2Laura Gutiérrez - May 20, 2022
VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations Official journal of the International Society for Third-Sector Research Looking Ahead to…
COVID-19 e implicaciones para la política nacional y globalLaura Gutiérrez - May 19, 2022
International Science Council Sin precedentes y sin terminar: COVID-19 e implicaciones para la política nacional y global Prólogo (resumen ejecutivo)…