Current Trends in Public Sector Research
23rd International Conference Current Trends in Public Sector Research
Jan 24-25 2019
Masaryk University, Faculty of Economics and Administration, Department of Public Economics and Centre for Nonprofit Sector Research, Brno, Czech Republic
You can find all the necessary information (deadlines, guidelines for participants, instructions for abstracts and papers, fees, etc.) here.
The main topic areas include:
- Public Finance (Session I)
- Public Services and Non-profit Sector (Session II)
- SPECIAL PANEL 2019: Killing the Messenger? Civil society in the CEE countries.
- Public Administration and Public Sector (Session III)
- Poster Session
- SPECIAL SESSION 2019: Experiments in Public Management Research.
ONLY ABSTRACT should be submitted before the conference.
Deadline for submission is November 30, 2018.
Final paper is expected after its discussion at the conference (January 31, 2019).
Due to the limited time, only a several contributions will be discussed at the conference. The remaining contributions that will not be selected for discussion are invited to be presented as posters. You can submit your paper directly to the poster session as well.
It is possible to participate without submitting a contribution to the conference. However, the condition is payment of conference fee.
Conference proceedings (for Ph.D. students primarily)
- All the submitted papers are subject to a double-blind peer review process.
- Papers will be published in the post-conference proceedings after a successful review process.
- Conference proceedings will be sent to Thomson Reuters to be included in the Web of Science database.
- Number of accepted and rejected papers in 2014 – 2018
Previous conference proceedings (2012 – 2017) are indexed in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science (WoS).
Participants of the conference are invited to submit extended versions of their papers to the Review of Economic Perspectives (a peer-reviewed scientific journal indexed in Scopus, ERIH+, EconLit, EBSCOhost, RePEC/EconPapers and other electronic databases)
- Registration (with paper): 30 Nov 2018
- Deadline for abstract submission: 30 Nov 2018
- Results of the abstract review process: 15 Dec 2018
- Registration (without paper): 9 Dec 2018
- Deadline for the paper submission: 31 Jan 2019
- Results of the paper review process: 17 Feb 2019
- Deadline for the final paper submission: 3 Mar 2019
- Conference fee payment: 9 Dec 2018
SPECIAL PANEL 2019: Killing the Messenger? Civil society in the CEE countries.
Masaryk University, Centre for Nonprofit Sector Research, Brno, Czech Republic
In our panel, we aim at an analysis of the state of civil society in the region where these processes are clearly visible – Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). In some of the CEE countries we have been witnessing measures and illiberal turns with dramatic consequences for civil society. In most of these countries the civil society finds itself on quickly shifting grounds – new type of civil society actors are rising, some of existing actors face restrictive policies and even state repression, some of civil society organisations attempt to adapt for new conditions.
We particularly invite papers which ask following questions: How are civil societies and actors in CEE changing in terms of resources, strategies, values or organizing? Are they declining, adjusting their agenda and strategies, or calling to arms? How these transformations relate to the changing of political elites? Can we observe or even measure changing strategies of contemporary political representations towards the civil society? What is the popular picture of civil societies in CEE countries? What is the role of the media and/or political elites in shaping the image of civil society or nonprofit and how it affects trust of citizens towards the third sector?
Deadline for an abstract submission: November 30, 2018.
Te puede interesar
El malestar con la representación en MéxicoLaura Gutiérrez - Nov 21, 2019
El Instituto de Investigaciones Sociales y el Centro de Investigaciones Interdisciplinarias en Ciencias y Humanidades de la UNAM, invitan a…
¿Hacia dónde va América del Sur?Laura Gutiérrez - Nov 21, 2019
Seminario Internacional ¿Hacia dónde va América del Sur? Conflicto social e institucionalidad política en tiempos convulsos Noviembre 25 y 26…
Rinde protesta Enrique Graue como rector de la UNAMLaura Gutiérrez - Nov 21, 2019
Reiteró su compromiso de velar por los intereses y valores de la Universidad, así como proteger los derechos de los…