Comexus- Program Officer Job Description
The U.S.-Mexico Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange
Program Officer Job Description
In order to promote mutual understanding between both countries, COMEXUS administers the Fulbright- Garcia Robles educational and cultural exchange programs that support studying, teaching, research and professional development in the U.S. and Mexico. The Program Officer manages and supports the selection, placement, grant budgets, and monitoring of Fulbright grantees.
- Reports to Director of Programs and Executive
- Manages and supports the selection, placement and monitoring of approximately 65
- Supports the application, review and interview processes of
- Collaborate in selecting public schools as placement for grantees.
- Administers the program budget and grant
- Advises grantees on grant policies to ensure compliance, and monitors grant
- Coordinates with cooperating agencies such as the Institute for International Education (IIE), IREX, and the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) on placement, immigration, and monitoring
- Prepare US grantees before arrival in Mexico with grant terms and conditions, collaborate in their Welcome Orientation (for all US grantees) with several information sessions and different speakers or activities; Monitoring of grantees in Mexico. Coordinating visa processing (for both Mexican and US grantees); Coordinating grant payments and flights purchase or reimbursements;
- Trains and supervises support staff for the program
- Participates in occasional outreach activities and promotion trips.
- Other duties as
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in the USA
- Master’s degree
- Experience living, working and/or studying
- Minimum 3 years professional experience, preferably in international education, program management or a related
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, time management, and event planning
- Strong interpersonal communication, analytical, written and oral presentation skills with the ability to communicate cross culturally in a binational
- Reporting and administrative writing.
- Effective personnel and budget management
- Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and database management
- The ideal candidate is highly responsible, flexible and adaptable, has team spirit and works well under
- Attractive working
- Three month trial
- The permanent position includes benefits superior to those required by Mexican
- To be considered, send your cover letter, resume, a copy of an official transcript of the highest degree earned and the contact information for three references to Alma Lilia Calderon Pita, Director of Administration, email@example.com. mx.
- The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until we cover the position. Immediate start
For more information on COMEXUS please go to www.comexus.org.mx
Te puede interesar
Calidad de la Democracia en MéxicoLaura Gutiérrez - Ene 13, 2021
Calidad de la Democracia en México: la responsividad (2000-2016) Gabriela Aída Cantú Ramos Miguel Armando López Leyva Contenido: Cuando se…
Public Policy and Social ConflictLaura Gutiérrez - Ene 15, 2021
Call for Papers Public Policy and Social Conflict: How Gradual Policy Changes and Mobilizations Interact Université du Québec à Montréal…
Foro Internacional, vol. LXI, núm. 1Laura Gutiérrez - Ene 15, 2021
Foro Internacional es la revista del Centro de Estudios Internacionales de El Colegio de México fundada en 1960 por Daniel Cosío Villegas…