Assistant professor in political science
Position available at Sciences Po : Assistant professor (tenure track) in political science with expertise in e-government / e-politics
Status: private sector employment as Assistant Professor with tenure track
Discipline: Political science
Profile: The development of digital technologies is transforming relations to politics; types of information, participation, government and administration; and therefore interactions between citizens and the State.
Sciences Po’s Centre for European Studies and Comparative Politics seeks to strengthen its research focus on the political effects of digital transformations by recruiting an assistant professor to conduct empirical research in this area.
We seek candidates with research specialisms in the following areas:
- open access to information and the transparency of public authorities (big data, accountability); the effects of dematerialization on the administrations and their relationships to citizens; rationalization and surveillance issues; the transformations of public policy designs and tools;
- the effects of digitalization on forms of political participation (democratization, new inequalities, etc.); uses of digital technology by political organizations (electronic voting, online activism, etc.); the impact of social networks on forms of politicization
Annual teaching duties are 128 master class-equivalent (CM) hours. These can be divided into three 24-hour master classes and 56 CM hours of complementary pedagogical services (1 CM hour = 6.3 hours) at the three levels of teaching offered by Sciences Po: its undergraduate program (on one of the seven Sciences Po campuses), its Masters program and its Doctoral School.
During their first three tenure-track years, assistant professors’ annual duty is 88 CM hours.
Applicants must be able to teach in English.
Applications from women and other under-represented groups are particularly encouraged.
Candidates must hold a PhD. Applications must be electronically submitted before 31st January 2018. to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . The application must include the following documents:
- A cover letter presenting research projects that the applicant intends to pursue;
- A CV and a complete list of publications;
- 3 publications showing the range and quality of your research;
- A synopsis of courses taught and, if possible, course evaluations.
The selection committee will examine applications and create a short list of 3-4 candidates who will be invited to present their research to the academic community at Sciences Po during a ‘Job Talk’.
The expected start date is September 1st, 2018.
Unit of Affiliation
Centre for European Studies and Comparative Politics (UMR 8239)
The CEE is a multidisciplinary laboratory dedicated to comparative political analysis.
President of the selection committee
Full Professor at Sciences Po
Linda Amrani, General Secretary
Silvia Duerich-Morandi, Executive Assistant
Te puede interesar
Convocatoria Sede del VII Congreso Nacional de Ciencias Socialescomecso - Ene 08, 2019
Con objeto de presentar a la comunidad académica los resultados de las investigaciones en Ciencias Sociales y contribuir a la…
Voluntariado episódico en MéxicoLaura Gutiérrez - Ene 18, 2019
Voluntariado episódico en México Jacqueline Butcher García-Colín Coordinadora Presentación Sin duda alguna, como país y como sociedad, vivimos uno de…
14th Conference European Sociological AssociationLaura Gutiérrez - Ene 18, 2019
14th Conference European Sociological Association Europe and Beyond: Boundaries, Barriers and Belonging 20-23 august 2019 Manchester, United Kungdom Abstract submission…
17 fully founded phd grants. Scuola Normale SuperioreLaura Gutiérrez - Ene 18, 2019
17 fully founded phd grants (for 4 years) at the Department of Political and Social Science, of the Scuola Normale…