Postdoctoral researcher- Democratic innovation
Postdoctoral researcher (M/F) – Democratic innovation and democratic legitimacy
The Center for Political Science Research at the University of Leuven is pleased to announce a vacancy for one postdoctoral researcher (f/m) in Political Science. The Centre for Political Science Research is an ambitious, vibrant and research-intensive centre with an extensive international network. The center is at the forefront of fundamental and applied scientific research and is conveniently located just outside Brussels. The centre has extensive expertise in studies on the relationships between citizens and their political system i.e. political engagement, political attitudes, and socialization.
The research project the vacancy is linked to starts off from the observation that Western democracies are going through a crisis of democratic legitimacy, and studies how democratic innovations could possibly restore the trust of citizens in politics (e.g. through more extensive participation in political decision-making processes).
The successful candidate will be offered a two-year fully funded position and the opportunity to pursue innovative research in one of Belgium’s leading research centres of political science. The vacancy is tenable for up to two years from October 2017 onwards (flexible start date). We offer a stimulating working environment in a dynamic, internationally oriented interdisciplinary research team. We strongly invest in research training and mobility, including summer schools, international conferences and data gathering.
- You will be working on a research project on democratic innovation and coordinate the data gathering process including qualitative interviews as well as panel surveys
- You actively take part in the monthly team meeting where we discuss research ideas, projects and plans
- You advise bachelor and master students, and take up a mentoring role for doctoral candidates working at the Centre
- You can take up teaching assignments but this is not required
- You hold a PhD degree in political sciences or are close to completion
- You are fascinated by the project’s subject matter and by politics in general.
- You have a strong expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and you are willing to develop these skills further.
- You have strong organizational skills
- You have good writing skills, and you are fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch is not required but a plus)
- You are a team player and communicate well
- An employment for one year, renewable to maximally two years upon positive evaluation.
- The opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in an interdisciplinary team
- A stimulating working environment in a dynamic young ambitious research team that excels in teamwork and coaching in specific research projects but also personal and career development more generally.
- A competitive salary (ca. 2200 €/month depending on family and experience). Additional funding for travel and for attending conferences is available.
- You will work in Leuven, a historic, dynamic and lively city located in the heart of Belgium, within 20 minutes from Brussels, the capital of the European Union,and less than two hours from Paris, London and Amsterdam.
- More information on salary and benefits for KU Leuven employees can be found at: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/en
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Sofie Marien, tel.: +32 16 32 32 47, mail: email@example.com.
Candidacies (motivational letter, curriculum vitae including publications, followed courses and attended conferences, a writing sample, 2 references, 5-page summary of PhD thesis) should be submitted no later than August 13, 2017 via the online application tool.
You can apply for this job no later than August 13, 2017 via the online application tool
Te puede interesar
Social Networks and Political ParticipationLaura Gutiérrez - Dic 15, 2017
Social Networks and Political Participation XXVIII SUNBELT CONFERENCE of the International Network for Social Network Analysis (INSNA) June 26-July 1,…
Georg Forster Research FellowshipLaura Gutiérrez - Dic 15, 2017
Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation: Georg Forster Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers Programme Description The grant is intended to support highly-qualified scientists…
Associate Professor | Afro-Latino CulturesLaura Gutiérrez - Dic 15, 2017
Joint Assistant/Associate Professor position with specialization in Afro-Latino Cultures California State University, Los Angeles, College of Natural & Social Sciences Department…