Director | Maxwell Museum of Anthropology
The UNM College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a faculty position in the Department of Anthropology at the level of Full Professor with tenure, Associate Professor with tenure, or probationary tenure track Associate Professor (as applicable) to begin August, 2018. The successful candidate will serve as the Director of the Maxwell Museum of Anthropology on a 5-year term basis (may be renewed), and will also teach in the Department. We seek a scholar who will complement a three-subfield department (including archaeology, ethnology and evolutionary anthropology) with national recognition for scholarship and graduate training.
Applications received by November 15, 2017 will receive best consideration. The position will remain open until filled. A complete application consists of: 1) letter of intent addressing the applicant’s qualifications for the position, 2) a description of the applicant’s current research activities, teaching interests and experience, 3) five-year research plan, 4) current CV, 5) a vision statement for the Maxwell museum, and 6) full contact information of three professional references. All application materials must be submitted via http://unmjobs.unm.edu/. Requisition # 2607. The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women and Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- PhD in Anthropology or related field has been awarded by time of appointment.
- Two years of prior museum employment by start of appointment.
- Evidence of an active research program as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications and grant funding.
- Experience in supervising employees and managing budgets.
- Evidence of extensive experience in museum administration, including in a university setting.
- Evidence of successful institutional fundraising and development.
- Evidence of curatorial and/or collections management.
- Evidence of public outreach to diverse communities.
- Evidence of leadership and ability to foster multidisciplinary research to complement existing strengths in UNM Anthropology.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels.
- Evidence of an established extramurally funded research program in any of the subfields of anthropology.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Te puede interesar
Convocatoria Sede del VII Congreso Nacional de Ciencias Socialescomecso - May 15, 2018
Con objeto de presentar a la comunidad académica los resultados de las investigaciones en Ciencias Sociales y contribuir a la…
Las Ciencias Sociales ante el 68Laura Gutiérrez - May 15, 2018
El Instituto de Investigaciones Sociales (IIS-UNAM) y el Consejo Mexicano de Ciencias Sociales (COMECSO) invitan al Ciclo de actividades académicas:…
4° Encuentro universitario uso de TIC en la educaciónLaura Gutiérrez - May 22, 2018
4º Encuentro universitario de mejores prácticas de uso de TIC en la educación 25, 26 y 27 de julio de 2018…
Elevar salarios en lugar de muros | R. HinojosaLaura Gutiérrez - May 22, 2018
Menos muros y mejores salarios o Elevar salarios en lugar de muros* “La gente de Trump ha llamado a México…
México: La paradoja del TLCAN y la renegociación del tratado | J. CarrilloLaura Gutiérrez - May 22, 2018
México se caracteriza por la mano de obra barata y sus productos de calidad. En el país, los trabajadores de…